Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pilgrim Age.

I'd walk through hell without looking back
Just like I'd sail through whirlpools and sirens
All to get you on my ship in the cabin
But not if this is how you'll act
Sitting there, not engaging, in silence
Watching the rest of the world happen.
So you've got a choice to make
And no time to do it
You could be in for one wild ride
Or you could sit and let it pass you by.

Try breathing for one it'll do you some good
Then lift your spirits and move as you should
Through the crowd like a hot knife through butter
Even though I've got these burns I'm glad they're there
Because nothing else can quite remind my senses
Of your contour or your grip or the scent that you bear.
So if you're reading, just know that I'm sure
You'll never be mine but that's not a fact
It's just a damn depressing assumption I'm forced to endure.

Let's get fucked up on Saturday night
Kick off your shoes and watch the sunrise
So, for once, you'll have another pair of eyes
Admiring your gleam in the newborn sunlight

And, through it all, like a moth to the flame
Or a flock of errant sheep sent to the slaughter
I'll keep my trap shut about what my body tells me
Let you figure it out, or let my eyes do the talking
Because words simply fail me in the heat of the moment
And they're just words anyway
If you'd never read a book in English
Then you'd have no idea what I meant to say.

So here's going primal, emotions erupt
Won't let semantics get in my way
Slowly losing process no more flow
Until I make you scream words you've never heard before.
Rohm Dela Chirrit Gull Aroof Tince Mont
Durb Fah Hilleng Ballish Toot Carrum Tera Fass
Tuckta Bilta Charitch Beadew Won Katow
Heradd Jink Achoil Tun Gerridich Mealow.

Well you don't know it but I'd say it real slow
And you'd hear my intentions in some empty sounds
Because the way to talk with you isn't to know
It's about the way my words shoot off the ground.

So once you get this, give me a call,
I know I'll hear it in your voice
And if you don't, then I won't be appalled
I know that you'd get it if you gave yourself the choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home