Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Murderer's Adage.

Until dark closes in
I shall not begin
Scouring the streets for prey.
But once it is dark
I'll quickly embark
And take some life today.

There's just too much noise
Too many little boys
Who run in the streets with glee.
And I'll show them their error
With my reign of terror
Until all that is left here is me.

All I see is waste
But once I taste
The hunt it is never too late.
And once I am back
From my midnight attack
I'll leave it to them to create.

And when they lift the casket
The parents a basket
Case for the child they've lost.
And this hobby you see
Takes its toll on me
And my pleasure is not without cost.

You may call it disaster
But I will be the master
Of death, the controller of life.
And if I am not
Then I'm doomed to rot
After the damned return my strife.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rene said...

I can't believe you rhymed life with strife.

Come on, man. Not hating on the piece as a whole, just... come on.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Rene said...

Edit: Really didn't mean to sound that mean, but ... I just consider that a cardinal rule in rhyming. Stay away from the obvious unless completely necessary.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home