Thursday, July 31, 2008

Control.

I'm in control,
The world in my hands,
And I control where and when I roll
I've got the final say on can's and can'ts.

But if they want laughter that's what they'll get,
Even if it's not a joke, the signs are there,
And I'll assign my voice with no regret,
Because even if I don't give a shit,
I'll never really know how much they care.

That's their secret, kept deep inside,
And I don't want to know, because thoughts of malice
Would be the first to show, and it will hide
Positive energy to fill up my ego chalice.

And when I drink it'll taste of ambrosia
Because I have the say on new tastes,
Listen now to the words that I tell ya
Or else these echoes will die in waste.

Until the day comes for me to expire,
This world is mine, I play for keeps,
And as I sip my ambrosia, until I retire
I'll claim as mine the rewards others reap.

So ante up, put a chip in the pot,
Stand up, pace, and sit back down,
For after I'm gone this can all rot,
Because by then, someone else will wear my crown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home