Friday, February 13, 2009

First completed song.

Last night I took the time to write a song and I'm happy with the way it came out. For anyone who can play the chord pattern is G - Em7 - Am - (D - Dsus4) over 4 lines, 8 beats per chord except the D's, which each have 4 beats.

EDIT: Finally named it.

BITTERSWEET CHASER

Well I went downtown one night
Took a walk by the docks,
Gazing down at the ocean
I watched the foam hit the rocks.
And the sealine receded
'Cross the rocky red shore
Then I realized I needed
To see you a little more.

(Chorus)
Because when I think of you, and me
And the things we could do, I see
The muse at the end of my tunnel, and she
Has eyes just like yours
They've vibrant and brown
They pierce me to the core
Keep my feet on the ground.

So I ran to the station
Jumped on the next bus
Analyzed my situation
My heart started to rush.
My mind, it was racin'
My fingers were pacin'
Across these fiery strings
Makin' a burnin' sensation.

(Don't know whether to put a chorus in here or not yet)

So I rode for three days
Just roaming the roads
Got off somewhere new
Packed and ready to go.
With nothing to my name
But an eighth and guitar
I stood there amazed
Because love goes so far.

(Chorus)

So I showed up at the door
With flowers and surprise
And there's nothing worth more
Than the look in her eyes.
She eyed me with shock
In her eyes formed a tear,
So I pulled her in close
And whispered gently,
"I'm here..."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rene said...

Dude, excellent.

This was a great song, I honestly wanna hear this. Do more of this.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home