Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Knock the world right off its feet and straight onto its head.

I walk into the room,
He asks my opinion,
We are equal.
Over time his experiences are mine,
In goes a boy, unwise and trivial,
Out walks a man, advanced and sharp.
As we are grown in this garden of fact,
Each area dwindles as we advance,
The perfect have few exceptions,
The inferior are loose in interpretation,
And we are marked down, descending with pride.
I leave the room, and I look back,
Our eyes do not meet,
He is my superior.
And I walk for a while and return in due time,
And nobody is there,
So he strikes up conversation.
Equal once more.

---

It's been roughly 34 hours since I bought Stadium Arcadium, and I don't think I've made a better investment in recent years. If I sound like a broken record, then it's simply because the album is that amazing.

---

Consider this, each and every person that you meet is a living encyclopedia, possessing years of knowledge and experiences that you may never duplicate. Each and every stranger has something that they can contribute to your being, if not only a childlike innocence and a pre-programmed viewpoint. However, each and every person that you come into contact with will change your being to one degree or another. It is also rare to find another who is not trying to change you, for better or for worse.

Who can you trust? Think of how your peers and teachers have changed you over the years, be it as an example or a counter-example. Think of how your friends have adopted things that you like and have molded to fit your perspective.

What's my point? The point is this, if I may be brief (god dammit...): Take full advantage of this and read from others lives as much as you can, but retain some semblance of yourself in the process.

---

My agenda for when I turn 18 is as follows:
- Get inked somewhere, preferably the shoulder/back area, although the thigh is possible.
- Buy a pack of Malboro reds.
- Test the carding system at a Cumberland Farms.
- Go to an 18+ club.
- Get kicked out of an 18+ club for inappropriate conduct.
- Register to vote.
- Get a T-shirt saying "Legal" and wear it in the mall. Proudly.
- Go into an 'Amazing' store and make all the sexual deviants feel dirty and exposed.
- Go to NY and gamble my little heart out.
- Get all of my 18+ paperwork.
- Get a firearms lisence.
- Get a lisence to carry a concealed firearm.
- Get promoted.
- Carry on with life as usual, with a/some tattoo(s), a smoking habit, a gambling debt and a concealed firearm.

Then again, what's the chance of all that clearing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home